RE: [GENERAL] Regression test failures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Herouth Maoz
Subject RE: [GENERAL] Regression test failures
Date
List pgsql-general
At 19:01 +0300 on 09/05/1999, Jonny Hinojosa wrote:

> So, this suggests that the only reason the test failed is that the words
> used in the error message are different from what was expected.

Is that case, you can relax. Whenever you have regression troubles, you
must check them.

In the case of abstime, I found that the regression test tends to fail for
the old dates because it doesn't consider daylight saving time before 1970
or so. So if that's what happens in your regression test, again, relax -
unless you intend to use old dates in your applications including the time
portion. Note that this is a system thing, not a postgres thing.

Horology is derived from the same problem.

Another acceptable discrepancy is when float comparisons fail over the
eighth or so digit after the decimal point. You can dismiss it.

Failures over parse errors are serious and usually relate to gram.c and its
fathers bison and flex. A core dump is a serious matter, though.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma